Kalisa Amarsingh Bogati
|The first and second name||Kalisa Amarsingh Bogati|
|University||Nicolaus Copernicus University, Toruń, Poland|
|Faculty||Faculty of Biological and Veterinary Sciences|
|Supervisor||Prof. dr. hab. Katarzyna Hrynkiewicz|
|Co-supervisor||Dr. rer. Nat. habil. Silke Ruppel|
RESEARCH CAREER AND ACADEMIC WORK
- Molecular Connection Pvt. Ltd. Bangalore (July 2015-March 2017): Designation Scientific Analyst. Area of work was to build database (methods and protocols) from the respective research papers.
- CSIR-NIO Goa (April 2017-October 2019): Designation Project Assistant. Area of specialization- Taxonomic studies of zooplankton, Total Bacterial Count, chlorophyll determination, lipid extraction from seawater sample (phytoplankton), Primary Productivity-14C radioisotope experiment and Bacterial Productivity-thymidine experiment on Cruises (SSD_40, SSD_44 and SSD_55). I was also part of various offshore, coastal and deep sea projects.
- Current-PhD studies: I am enrolled into my doctorate studies since October 2019 and my thesis topic is “Vegetable free of human pathogenic microorganisms (HPMO’s)”. My master thesis entitled “Comparatative analysis of fecal indicator bacteria in water and zooplankton in Zuari Estuary” was short but fruitful dissertation because it consisted of studying the origin, transmission and impact of these fecal bacteria in seawater and zooplanktons. Being a microbiologist, this study motivated me to learn more on the potential threat and benefits of bad and good microorganisms and encouraged me to carry out my PhD thesis in the field of microbiology.
- Tapas Chatterjee, Igor Dovgal, Mandar Nanajkar, Kalisa Bogati (2019) Note on the genus Lecanophryella (Ciliophora: Suctorea) with description of a new species from west coast of India. Zootaxa 4612 (4): 494-500. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.11646/zootaxa.4612.4.2. IF: 0.990.
- Veronica Fernandes, Kalisa Bogati (2019) Persistence of Fecal Indicator Bacteria associated with Zooplankton in a Tropical Estuary-West Coast of India. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment 191:420. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10661-019-7531-z. IF: 1.959.
- Mandar Nanajkar, Veronica Fernandes, Kalisa Bogati, Tapas Chatterjee (2019) Gregarious growth of ciliate Vorticella oceanica, on a chain forming diatom Chaetoceros coarctatus: Indicating change in the function of association. Symbiosis 1-9. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13199-019-00640-4. IF: 2.009.
Conference Attended & other works:
- National conference on “ENZYME RESEARCH IN AGRICULTURE, FOOD AND INDUSTRIAL BIOTECHNOLOGY (NCERAFIB-2015)” held at Maharani College for Women, Bangalore on 12th and 13th March 2015. And awarded 3rd place for M.Sc. dissertation oral presentation.
- Seminar on “POST- GENOMICS TECHNOLOGIES FOR BETTER LIFE” held on 19th March 2015 in Garden City College, Bangalore.
- ‘Silver Jubilee National conference on Mangrove ecosystem’ on 26th July 2017 at National Institute of Oceanography, Dona Paula, Goa.
- Attended Hands-on Training Workshop on “TAXONOMIC IDENTIFICATION OF COASTAL AND OCEANIC COPEPODS (TICOC-2018)” during 25-28, September 2018 sponsored by Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC), Govt. of India, under All India Co-ordinated Project on Taxonomy (AICOPTAX) organized by Marine Planktonology & Aquaculture Laboratory, Department of Marine Science, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli-24, Tamil Nadu.
- Participated on-board R.V. Sindhu Sadhana (Research expedition SSD-40) from 3rd August 2017 to 28th August 2017 to study “The impact of the climate change and rapid warming of the Arabian Sea on Indian Monsoon and bio resources” as a part of the project MLP-1702.
- Participated on-board R.V. Sindhu Sadhana (Research expedition SSD-44) from 21st November 2017 to 23rd December 2017 as a part of the project GAP2949 “Biogeochemical process and Paleooceanographic Studies of the Eastern Indian Ocean” funded by MoES, New Delhi.
- Participated on-board R.V. Sindhu Sadhana (Research expedition SSD-55) from 2nd August 2018 to 31st August 2018 as a part of the project MLP1702 “Impact of the climate change on Physics, Biogeochemistry and Ecology of the North Indian Ocean (CliCNIO)”.
Shortlisted on PROM project-II, funded by Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange NAWA for 21 days research training in Leibniz-Institute of Vegetable and Ornamental Crops, Großbeeren, Germany.