- Registration in IRK: 6.07-03.09.2020.
- Submission of documents: 31.08-04.09.2020.
- Interview: 15-17.09.2020.
- Resultes: 22.09.2020.
The research projects - recruitment 2020/2021
- The significance of pigmentation in melanoma biology and treatment [supervisors: dr hab. Anna Brożyna, prof. UMK, NCU/prof. Andrzej T. Slominski, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA].
- The effect of endomycorrhiza on the development of viral diseases in solanaceous crops [supervisors: prof dr hab. Katarzyna Hrynkiewicz, NCU/dr hab. Christel Baum, University of Rostock, Germany/dr Edyta Deja-Sikora, NCU].
- Intra annual density fluctuations in wood- what we know about atypical radial growth [dr hab. Marcin Koprowski, NCU/Filipe Campelo, Ph.D. Centre for Functional Ecology – Science for People & the Planet (CFE), Department of Life Sciences, University of Coimbra].
- A new view on freeze tolerance/avoidance in land snails - role of HSP/CSP proteins [dr hab. Anna Nowakowska, prof. UMK, NCU/dr. Grita Skujiene, Vilnius University, Life Science Center, lnstitute of Biosciences].
- Hepato-protective action of Indian Medicinal Herbs – explanation of molecular biological mechanism on pig model [prof. dr hab. Chandra Pareek, NCU/prof. Sanjita Sharma, Veterinary College, Jaipur, India/prof. dr hab. Mariusz Pierzchała, IGHZ, PAN, Jastrzębiec].
- Loss of ecosystem services due to natural and anthropogenic extreme events [dr hab. Agnieszka Piernik, prof. UMK, NCU/prof. Pier Paolo Franzese, Parthenope University of Naples, Italy/dr hab. Elvira Buonocore, Parthenope University of Naples, Italy].
- Ecological goal functions and the assessment of Natural Capital and Ecosystem Services [supervisors: dr hab. Agnieszka Piernik, prof UMK, NCU/prof. Pier Paolo Franzese, Pathenope University of Naples, Italy/dr hab. Elvira Buonocore, Pathenope University of Naples, Italy].
- Enhancement of endogenous neuroprotective mechanisms – therapeutic strategies in brain damage [supervisors: prof. dr hab. Justyna Rogalska, NCU/prof. Karol Dokładny, University of New Mexico, USA].
- Innovative and eco-friendly concept for cosmetic chemistry – alternative cosmetic formulations with reduced water content [supervisors: dr Timothy E.L. Douglas, Lancaster University, UK/dr Justyna Kozłowska, NCU].
- The interaction of cosmetic ingredients incorporated into several emulsions with the skin [supervisors: prof. dr hab. Alina Sionkowska, NCU/prof. Michel Grisel, Université Le Havre Normandie, France].
- New materials based on modified biopolymers for biomedical and cosmetic applications [supervisors: prof. dr hab. Alina Sionkowska, NCU/prof. Michele Laus, University East Piemonte, Alessandria, Italy].
Earth and related environmental sciences
- Spatial distribution, characteristics and environmental hazard of coastal acid sulfate soils in Poland [supervisors: dr hab. Piotr Hulisz, prof.UMK, NCU/dr Anton Boman, Geological Survey of Finland, Kokkola, Finland].
Economics and finance
Financial markets, institutions and systems [prof. dr hab. Magdalena Osińska, NCU/prof. dr Mathias Moersch, University of Heilbronn].
Fine arts and conservation
- Comparative study of Chinese and European historical mural decorations. Materials’ identification, painting and gilding techniques recognition and conservation issues [supervisors: dr hab. Mirosław Wachowiak, prof. UMK, NCU/prof. Liu Chang, Tsinghua University, Beijng, China].
- Władysław Hasior's works - selected conservation issues, history, and new perspectives on preservation [dr. hab. Sławomir Adam Kamiński prof. UMK, NCU/prof. akad. mal. Tomáš Lahoda, University of Pardubice , Faculty of Restoration].
Management and quality studies
People in Organizations [prof. dr hab. Aldona Glińska-Neweś, NCU/prof. dr hab. Miguel Pereira Lopes, University of Lisbon].
Quantum Electrodynamics with 2D materials [prof. dr hab. Ireneusz Grabowski, NCU/prof. Carsten Rockstuhl, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology/dr Karolina Słowik, NCU].
(scans please send to: Academia.Copernicana@umk.pl):
- application form from IRK;
- CV and a letter of motivation in English;
- copy of the diploma of the uniform master’s degree or the second-cycle studies (or equivalent) along with the supplement (if the diploma is issued by foreign university, it should be legalized);
- information about previous doctoral studies;
- document confirming knowledge of English at level B2;
- 1 photograph;
- list of achievements. All achievements should be documented:
- Scientific publications – a photocopy of the first page of the publication, the title page of the magazine along with the ISSN, in the case of accepted papers a document providing the ISBN, ISSN, or DOI,
- Participation in research or artistic projects – a statement by the head of the project that the candidate has participated in the project, containing a brief description of the performed tasks,
- Prizes and awards in competitions, exhibitions – a document confirming the competition/exhibition containing information about the range of the competition/exhibition (international/national) and indicating the people awarded/distinguished.
Original documents will be required from candidates before the interview: ul. Lwowska 1, room 129 (building of the Faculty of Biological and Veterinary Sciences).
Rector’s Regulations on qualification for studies at the Academia Copernicana – 2020/2021 (Polish version).
A doctoral student who does not hold a degree of doctor shall receive a doctoral scholarship.
The amount of a monthly doctoral scholarship shall be at least:1) 37% of a professor’s salary – up to the month in which the mid-term evaluation was conducted; 2) 57% of a professor’s salary – after the month in which the mid-term evaluation was conducted.
[According to the legal status in 2020, the scholarship is gross: 1) 2.371,70 PLN, 2) 3.653,70 PLN.]